Friday, June 12, 2020

Santa's COVID Guidance

Santa’s COVID Song

COVID 19’s Comin’ to Town*


You better not cough, you better not sneeze
You better stay ’way, I’m beggin’ you please
COVID might be hiding in you.

You better mask up and stay away
Six feet or more, health experts say
COVID might be hiding in you.

It knows if you’ve been washing
And covered mouth and nose
It knows if you’ve been distancing
From friends as well as foes.
 
*****

On a shopping cart, your phone or cup
It sticks around, so please wash up
COVID Nineteen’s lurking around.

You can’t tell where it’s lurking
It hangs around by stealth
But if it gets into your lungs
It’s a bad thing for your health.

*****

You’re in a big crowd, you’re flirting with death
Here’s my advice, don’t take a breath!
COVID Nineteen’s lurking around.

You won’t know when you get it
It may not make you ill
But others not so lucky
This virus they might kill!

*****

So, I better not cough, I better not sneeze
I better stay ’way, not spread this disease
COVID might be hiding in me!
COVID might be hiding in me!

*Apologies to J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie, “Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town,” ©1934

Watch me tell the story behind the song: A Mother's Christmas Warning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment ...