- You can retell a 30-second joke as a 20-minute story.
- When someone tells you a story, you tell them a story.
- When someone asks you a question, you tell them a story.
- Your children complain, "We've heard that story a hundred times!"
- You can differentiate between epic, fable, fairytale, folk tale, legend, memoir, myth, parable, saga, tall tale, and yarn.
- You have wondered why "fairy tale" is two words but "folktale" is one.
- You can't read a collection of stories without noting which ones you might like to retell.
- You know what "tale type 333" means.
- You have missed a highway exit because you were telling yourself a story.
- You don't let what actually happened get in the way of a good story.
- You like folk music because folk singers introduce their songs by telling a story.
- You don't have to Google "398.2" to know what you'll find there.
- When things go horribly wrong you think, "If I live through this it will
- Your children have stopped telling you what happened for fear you will make an embarrassing story out of it.
- You are right now trying to think of another way to know if you are a storyteller. What is it?
Friday, August 1, 2014
Fifteen ways to know if you're a storyteller: